Friday 24 October 2014

My preliminary evaluation.


School magazine evaluation

I have used the same purple background in my contents page and front cover to link with the school’s colour scheme. Also, on the contents page I have used 4 colours, black, blue, white and purple. These colours are fun and light so they are easy on the eyes. I have also reversed the colours of the page numbers to make it look fun. The Front cover is lay out with diagonal red righting to show the excitement of the statement “school rocks”. The images are all original photography of a school child posing in a punk like way to back up the statement “school rocks”.  On my cover I have the title “TNA Timeline” followed by the cover lines in the blue, which matches the contents page. Near to the bottom of the page is the anchorage text followed by the barcode and issue number. I have placed them here because they are not a main feature of the magazine, meaning they do not take the focus from the main image; also they need to be seen so they have to be on the cover.

I have used a mid shot for my magazine to make it look smart and presentable. It also shows clear direct address, which entices the audience. Also, the cover model is in the centre of the page, which portrays the feeling of importance, smiling which also makes her tell the audience that she is happy to be in school. The logo is included in the upper right hand corner of both the cover page and the contents, next to the titles. I have broken the three-colour rule because I think it looks fun and the audience would enjoy the range of colour. Although, I have only used one extra colour so that the audience do not get too distracted by the colour range. I have used the same font for the cover page and the contents page to there is a rapport between them, it is a font generally used for a magazine but I thought it fits well as school children will be the ones to read it. I chose to put my anchorage text diagonally because it makes it look edgy with a sense of sophistication, this links with my choice of word “rocks”.

I have addressed the audience through direct address from the main image and also using personal pronouns “you” to make the audience feel involved. The pronoun “our” makes the audience feel comfortable and want to read more. My writing is formal but not Standard English. I wanted to make my vocabulary sound professional because the students want to be treated like young adults, therefor that is how I will present myself to them.

While doing the preliminary task I have widened my researching skills, mainly about a contents page. I have learned the conventions of a magazine cover and contents and how to analyse them properly. I also had to plan my cover and think about all of my ideas before getting my images. After I chose how I would like my magazine would look and went and took my original pictures I had to think about my cover lines and inside stores, which would interest my target audience. Next, while I was using Photoshop I had to learn different techniques on how to do my work without cutting any of my main model out.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment